Specific Notes for Applicants wishing to Teach in Thailand

Specific Notes for Applicants wishing to Teach in Thailand

9 Jul 2020

Those who wish to teach in Thailand must apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B”.  The Embassy will issue a Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” with single entry only (no multiple entries visa is granted for this visa category).

Documents Required

  • Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months. (Damaged, invalid or altered passports will not be accepted).
  • Visa application form completely filled out with applicant’s signature
  • (2”x2”) photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months.(photocopy or photo taken from Photostat or from vending machine will not be accepted).An official letter from the school in Thailand
  • Contract to teach at the school.
  • The school’s registration with the Ministry of Education of Thailand.
  • Police clearance certificate stating the applicant has no criminal record in Canada.


  • Please be advised that the school in Thailand must obtain a work permit from the Ministry of Labor of Thailand for the applicant, before he/she is permitted to teach in Thailand.
  • The Embassy will accept photocopies of the above-mentioned documents (except passport and photos, which must be original) as the applicant must bring original documents with them to Thailand.
  • A prepaid express post regional envelop (for Ontario and Quebec provinces), or a prepaid express post national envelop (for other provinces within Canada) must be submitted for the return of the passport.  If the applicant only includes ordinary postage for the return of the passport the Embassy is not responsible if it gets lost in the mail.