29 Apr 2021
Thailand Visa and Certificate of Entry (COE)
( The following regulations applied during the COVID-19 situation until further notice )
STEPS TO TRAVEL TO THAILAND BY COMMERCIAL FLIGHT
Apply for a visa (if needed)
Canadians can travel to Thailand without a visa (45 days visa exemption). For Medium Term Visitor - Visa Exemption, please CLICK HERE.
If you need a visa, effective from 1 June 2021, a foreign national with a residence in Canada who wishes to apply for a Thailand visa MUST apply and submit his/her application through an online platform only. All visa applicants need to apply for an online visa at https://www.thaievisa.go.
All travelers need to prepare documents to apply for Certificate of Entry (COE) ONLINE
1. You need to have a copy of your health insurance policy with health coverage including COVID-related treatment in Thailand of no less than 100,000 USD. The insurance should cover from the date of departure and cover the period of your stay in Thailand.
2.You need to have e-ticket confirmation/flight details from the airline. Your name(s) should be indicated clearly on the ticket. The round trip e-ticket or flight details showing that you will leave from Thailand are required for Medium Term Visitor - Visa Exemption.
3.You need to book an Alternative Quarantine (AQ) or Alternative Local (ALQ) (http://www.hsscovid.com/).
Please note: If your first airport is at Suvarnabhumi Airport, your AQ/ALQ should be in Bangkok, Chonburi, or Prachinburi. If you would like to quarantine in Phuket, your first airport in Thailand should be Phuket International Airport and your ALQ should be in Phuket.
4. You can apply for a COE online. Please visit this link https://coethailand.mfa.
Make an appointment for the COVID test before leaving for Thailand
5. You need to obtain a COVID-19 lab test result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected/์Negative. The COVID test must be by RT-PCR method/PCR method (the method must be clearly indicated on the form). The lab test result must also clearly indicate that it has been “issued” or “reported” within 72 hours before departure time from Canada. THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE IN ENGLISH.
***Failure to follow any of the above steps can result in REFUSAL to board your flight at the airport!!
Alternative Quarantine (AQ)
All non-Thai passengers will be subject to a 14-day quarantine at their own expenses at one of the facilities for Alternative Quarantine (AQ) that have been approved by the Thai authorities.
***For the updated list and package details, please visit***
How to make a reservation?
- Contact a hotel directly for a reservation OR
- Make a reservation on authorized online platforms
For further information, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org