Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O-A" for Temporary Residents

Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O-A" for Temporary Residents

8 Jul 2020

1. Requirement

  • Applicant has to be 50 years of age and above (on date of submitting an application).
  • Is not a person prohibited from entering the Kingdom.
  • Has no criminal record against security of Thailand and the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence.
  • Has nationality of or residency in the country where his/her application is submitted.
  • Not having prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535).

Note: Applicant is not permitted to engage in any occupation or employment.

2. Documents Required

  • The validity of your passport must not less than 18 months. (Damaged, invalid or altered passports will not be accepted).
  • Three copies of a Visa Application Form with 3 photos (2"X2") passport size and Additional Visa Application Form for Visa O-A. All application forms must be filled out completely with applicant's signature
  • A letter from the bank stating the applicant has a deposit of the amount equal to no less than $ 25,000 or a monthly income of no less than $ 2,100 and must be accompanied with a recent bank statement stating the monthly income from a source such as a pension or other sources and the letter from the bank must be certified by a Notary Public.
  • Verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record issued from the country of his/her nationality or residence (the verification shall be valid for no more than 3 months). The criminal record must be certified by a Notary Public.
  • A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (the certificate shall be valid for no more than 3 months). Medical Certificate FormThe medical certificate must be certified by a Notary Public. A medical certificate. Visa Medical Certificate Form for OA Visa (download)
  • You must also include a photocopy of the booked confirmation flights such as a travel itinerary or airline ticket when applying for the Visa "O-A".
  • In the case that the applicant wishes to have his/her spouse stay together in the Kingdom but the spouse is not qualified for the Non-Immigrant visa "O-A", their marriage certificate shall also be produced as evidence. (The spouse will be considered for the Visa for Temporary Resident under the "O" code). The marriage certificate must be certified by a Notary Public.
  • Pursuant to the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of Thailand, dated 2 April B.E. 2562 (2019), approving in principle for the stipulation of health insurance as an additional requirement for Non-Immigrant ‘O-A’ (Long Stay) visa application, the Royal Thai Embassy  has introduced the following requirements for the said visa application:
    Effective from 31 October 2019 , the applicant must be medically insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
    – Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and
    – Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than  400,000 THB
    The applicants must submit the following:

 1. Health insurance policy document issued by a Thai or foreign insurance company, stating that the applicant is medically insured for the period and with coverage as mentioned above:

(a) In case of a foreign insurance company, the applicant must submit the original insurance policy document with 2 copies;

(b) In case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit 2 copies of the insurance policy document or, if available, the original insurance policy document with 2 copies. A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here:

2. Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded here: Foreign Insurance Certificate Form

Note: Letter from the bank, medical certificate and police clearance certificate must be notarized individually.

3. Applying for Visa and Fee

The visa fee for the Non-Immigrant Visa "O-A" is CAD 280.00 (multiple entries).

4. Recommendations for the Applicant while Staying in the Kingdom

  • When completing the stay of 90 days in the Kingdom, the alien shall report to the competent authority and repeat it every 90 days with the Immigration Officer in the alien's residence area, or report to the police station in the alien's residence are if there is no Immigration control there.
  • (In order to report to the competent authority by mail, the alien shall do as follows:

    The Report Form (To Mo 47) together with a copy of the passport pages showing the alien's photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp as well as self-addressed envelope with postage affixed, shall be forwarded, by 7 days before the due date, by acknowledgement of receipt mail to the Immigration Bureau, Sathon Tai Road, Sathon District, Bangkok 10120.

    In the case of conducting any following reports, the Reply Form for the previous report shall be enclosed as well.)
  • At the end of the one-year stay, the alien who wishes to extend his/her stay shall submit a request for the extended period at the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer, or a deposit account in the Kingdom, or an income certificate, of the amount of no less than $800,000 Baht, or an income certificate plus deposit account in the total amount of no less than $800,000 Baht a year(equivalent CAD $25,000)
  • If the alien's spouse wishes to extend his/her stay as well, the marriage certificate shall be produced.

5. Recommendations for Foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa "O-A" (Long Stay) While Staying in the Kingdom

Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry. During the one year period, if he or she wishes to leave and re-enter the country, he or she is required to apply at the Immigration Office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. In the case of leaving the country without a re-entry permit, the permit to stay for 1 year shall be considered void".